01 June 2007

A New Look

The good people over at Russophile.com were not only kind enough to post a link to my research observations, but also confirmed what I've long suspected: the previous layout of white text on a black background is a bit hard to read. I suppose I've just been in denial, as I'm quite fond of the red on black color scheme. Also, I don't really read my blog (I've found the author to be a bit long-winded at time, and I'm a busy person), so it hasn't bothered me much in the past.

But, for the sake of readers' eyes, we'll give this new color scheme a test drive. Still has a nice chilling "darkness" feel to it, and is hopefully easier to read. Any comments, opinions, or suggestions are, of course, welcome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is better. :) The white on black was ok for short articles, but I almost quit reading before I arrived to the interesting parts on your research.

Rubashov said...

Glad you like it, and thanks for the suggestion in the first place!

Etienne du Clé said...

Nice new layout; sort of retro feel to it as well...

And that research is fascinating. Will you be publishing it as a thesis or a Journal article somewhere? If so, I'd like to get a copy.

I would be very interested to see what La Russophobe would have to say on this; once she's crawled out her tomb for her nightly wanderings...

Rubashov said...

God willing, yes, someday this will all be part of my dissertation. And hopefully the dissertation will someday be published as a book, and lots of little journal articles will be born out of it as well...

And to whet your appetite further, I'm also planning similar research in Ukraine and Belarus for comparative purposes. Should be interesting, though the prospect of living in Minsk for a few months doesn't exactly get me going!

Anonymous said...

It's almost too late: I'm already nearly blind because of your former layout (smile)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm a fan of black on dark blue - It's like one of those magic eye pictures. 10 minutes of staring and all you get for it is a headache!